Application Guard for M365 Apps [Public Preview]
Files from the internet and other potentially unsafe locations can contain viruses, worms, or other kinds of malware that can harm your users’ computer and data.
To help protect your users, Office opens files from potentially unsafe locations in Application Guard, a secure container that is isolated from the device through hardware-based virtualization.
When Office opens files in Application Guard, users can securely read, edit, print, and save those files without having to re-open files outside the container.
This feature will be off by default.
Minimum hardware requirements
- CPU: 64-bit, 4 cores (physical or virtual), virtualization extensions (Intel VT-x OR AMD-V), Core i5 equivalent or higher recommended
- Physical memory: 8-GB RAM
- Hard disk: 10 GB of free space on the system drive (SSD recommended)
Minimum software requirements
- Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise edition, Client Build version 2004 (20H1) build 19041
- Office: Office Beta Channel Build version 2008 16.0.13212 or later
- Update package: Windows 10 cumulative monthly security updates KB4566782
For detailed system requirements, refer to System requirements for Microsoft Defender Application Guard.
- Microsoft 365 E5 or Microsoft 365 E5 Security
You can easily enable the feature by set two registry keys.
You can follow the procedure available here